We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
To achieve our mission, Wave integrates with partners to offer payments for services that people need. We’re looking for a technical project manager to organize and oversee the technical implementation of new integrations. You will work closely with the product, engineering and business teams.
- Lay the technical groundwork for new integrations and support engineers as they develop the final product.
- Serve as the main technical point of contact for partners.
- Test, prepare and evaluate the APIs of our partners.
- Communicate and raise blockers with our product, engineering and business teams.
- Experience working in telecommunication, fin-tech, mobile money, banking space, with a project management/consulting background
- You're a good communicator in English and French.
- You’re organized and skilled at keeping track of multiple, regularly-changing projects.
- You are able to setup, test and use different APIs (there's no need to have prior experience of the exact technologies if you're willing to learn!). Examples of work are:
- Setting up secure VPN connections to partners’ networks using Terraform and Google Cloud Platform
- Sending test requests to partner APIs, ensuring the API is ready for full integration
- Reading and summarizing partners’ API documentation, asking clarifying questions as needed
Bonus points if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Network Engineering or any technical relevant field.
- Have networking experience and can debug network problems.
- Location: You'll work from our office in Cote d'Ivoire and will be required to do frequent partner visits.
- Work authorization in Cote d’ivoire.
You might be a good fit if you
- Enjoy communicating and collaborating with different parties - you have empathy but can convey a sense of urgency when needed.
- Love owning projects - you're comfortable working autonomously but know when to escalate problems to internal and external stakeholders.
- Like overseeing multiple projects at once and are good at keeping track of them.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Are resourceful on how to make things work even if they're not perfect but understand when something is a blocker and should be escalated.
- Are comfortable asking many questions, requesting answers and following-up regularly.
- You know how to navigate working with senior partners and stakeholders by spotting and seizing upon mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.