We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We're looking for a Distribution Admin Manager who's resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for managing administrative functions for our Distribution team as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage the user growth office and distribution teams from our head office in Kampala
- Manager user growth leads to ensure distributors are recruited and managed as per internal policy and procedures
- Be an administrative focal contact point for Interim firms, Wave, and distributors for user growth.
- Manage the distribution Administration Officer/s
- Oversee the activating and deactivating distributors
- Work with the distribution team to manage the coordination of distributor performance management
- Oversee the payment of distributors' bonuses and producing any payment reports on time.
- Be the main point of contact with our interim firm partners who employ our hundreds of distributors
- Helping with recruitment and training arrangements for distributors when needed
- Help the distribution teams follow up actions in order of priority by consolidating key information
- Assisting distributors with access to all relevant platforms (slack, WhatsApp groups, etc.)
- Providing basic training on distribution admin related issues to the field teams
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- You must have existing work authorization for Uganda
- This is a permanent position
- 3+ years of experience in human resource or administrative operations like payroll, performance, and training in a fast-growth environment.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources or any related discipline
- Strong computer skills, especially with spreadsheets, and experience using Google Maps
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience supporting sales, agents, or retail networks in a back-office administrative position is an added advantage.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are exceptionally organized, able to follow through on tasks independently and able to manage priorities effectively
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, both on written and verbal forms
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets
- Always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Enjoy teamwork, but also know how to work well independently
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.