We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The integration team's mission is to integrate all the Bill pay our users want as soon as possible in the apps (Customer, agent, business) and maintain them. In detail, we should keep payments as reliable/available as possible, make sure that our business accounts are funded, and that we are building a good relationship with our partners.
We're looking for someone based in Mali who is resourceful, determined, tenacious, diligent, excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for handling our operations.
Your mission will be:
- Making daily reconciliations
- Assisting support team for Bill pays and other integration products
- Working on flexible hours, on weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required
- Working closely with BizDev and engineers
- Debugging, interpret and analyze Errors
- Escalating to engineers / Partners
- Contacting partners when we're facing downtime
- Processing Telco invoices
- Writing daily notes about activities
- Helping to perform our activity
- Owning action plan
- Fluency in French, English, and Bambara
- At least two year's experience in a comparable position (Customer Service, Back Office)
- Associate degree
- Have teamwork spirit
- Self-motivating with a focus on self-improvement
- Location: Bamako
You might be a good fit if you
- Speak English
- Know SQL
- Love solving problems for our awesome customers
- Take initiatives
- Are autonomous
- Worked in a Bank / Financial institute / Telcos
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.