We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are building our operations in Burkina Faso, and they're quickly growing. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
We're looking for an IT Manager who's resourceful and excited about getting things done. As we rapidly scale our business in Burkina Faso, you'll be responsible for troubleshooting and being the point of contact for tools. You might take on this responsibility for a single team or office or help expand to multiple offices in Burkina Faso.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with our IT team to monitor and maintain internet access at the office to ensure 99.9% uptime, including liaising with external suppliers.
- Ensure everyone in the office has access to the tools that they need to do their role.
- Support onboarding to ensure employees are set up with the IT equipment and tools that they need.
- Ensure employees are set up on the correct hardware for their job.
- Create playbooks to help guide employees on how to use equipment and tools used at Wave.
- Advise the IT and Information Security teams on the operational realities and restrictions of working in Mali in regards to purchasing, network setup, and implementing Wave policies and processes.
- Build the IT team as needed by hiring IT Helpdesk support positions in your country of operations.
- BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3-6 years as the IT manager in a fast-paced office setting
- Fluent in French & English
- Experience managing, developing, and growing IT teams
- Experience managing and troubleshooting corporate apps like Gsuite or MS365
- Network management (experience with products like Palo Alto, Cisco, Sophos, etc...)
- Experience selecting, implementing, and managing endpoint management systems (Jamf, Intune, Bigfix, SCCM), and different operating systems (macOS, windows/android, iOS)
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Work authorization in Burkina Faso required
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Have developed processes with minimal guidance and have implemented them in the field
- Are proficient in French & English
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.