We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We're looking for a Premium Agent Administrator who is resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. You'll be responsible for helping the Uganda Premium Manager identify, train, roll out, and manage a network of Premium Agents as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
In this role, you'll:
- Help in the assessment and selection of the Premium Agent Outlet: You will help with the identification of opportunities (with the Liquidity, Agent management, and User Growth Team) for new premium outlet locations and the acquisition of required outlets according to the set agent selection criteria & guidelines
- Gather requirements and obtain approval for the premise: Work with area stakeholders to gather all requirements and select the correct premise, negotiate and obtain approval for contracting with the landowner for required space for the premium outlet.
- Ensure all premium outlets in each region have valid contracts and that the contracts are executed in a timely.
- Set-up the Premium Outlet: Coordinate all responsible stakeholders to ensure that each approved premium outlets point is set up within the agreed timeframe, local licensing is done, all requirements are provided as per the approved checklist.
- Training: Ensure that Premium Agents are trained and assessed on the understanding of the product as per the agent training manual and checklist. Each assistant who interacts with the clients should also receive training with assessment and refresher courses as mandated by the internal policy.
- Assess the final business premise and hand it over to the Premium Agent: Approve the completed outlet for handover to the agent management and liquidity sales team, conduct handover, and initial training as per the handover checklist provided. Ensure any below-the-line activations are done to activate the outlet location.
- Report and track the performance through sharing weekly and monthly progress reports, weekly itineraries, outlet performance reports, competitor activity monitoring reports as per templates provided. Report all issues affecting premium outlet operations in a cases report, daily/weekly.
- Manage the premium agents' achievement vs. targets through Reports on emerging issues and daily monthly, quarterly/annual performance report analysis, Customer feedback, Mystery shopping exercises, among other ways.
- Oversee premium outlets' churn and ongoing maintenance by continually monitor and ensure proper maintenance of Wave outlets and equipment in all outlets, fixing and replacing what is broken or lost as per internal policy to maintain all outlets as per adequate standard.
- Fluent English and a local language
- In-depth knowledge of our product and agent network since the candidate will be required to explain the product to agents and other stakeholders
- Location: You'll work from our office in Kampala and will spend most of the day in the field possibly, in other regions of Uganda
- Work authorization in Uganda
You might be a good fit if you
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are flexible enough to adapt to various process changes and updates gracefully
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Are charismatic and enjoy talking and explaining new ideas and products to people
- Love owning projects - you are autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling issues, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.