We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
At Wave, the Regional Training Officer role will involve the implementation of the training objectives by offering desired support to the Agent Network Training Manager and through the Agent Ops Lead. The specific roles will include but not limited to the following:
- Training needs assessments
- Assist the regional operations team in identifying opportunities to improve the operational execution
- Determines training requirements by reviewing the training strategy define by the country leads and review results of agent trainer coaching; evaluating training effectiveness.
- Training material translation into French and English
- Support in translation of training content from English to French
- Utilize observations and data driven insights to help improve training materials
- Assist with training videos and vocals recording
- Training planning and delivery
- Execute individual training sessions for the team and facilitation of site and remote training activities and lead training sessions when needed
- Perform scheduled agents visits addressing the team’s action items.
- Coordinates and assists with the training and implementation of new rollouts regionally in liaison with regional and territory leads
- Training admin and evaluation
- Manage and administer the training for assigned regions including monitoring the right slack channels, Whats App groups etc. to gather training requirements and gaps
- Make calls and follow-ups on training effectiveness
- Evaluate and report training program(s) effectiveness, and help implement changes as needed.
- Gather feedback from trainees during and following training to determine instructional and content effectiveness in collaboration with your lead.
- Quality assurance and continuous improvement standards for the delivery of OKRs, E-Learning and key skills training targets per assigned staff can be achieved.
- Plan and execute the transition from the training of agents from face-to-face to digital.
- Speak both French and English fluently.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience specifically managing training or an agent network
- Valid driving licence
- Location: You'll work from an allocated region with daily travel to field locations.
- You must have work authorization in Bénin.
- This is a permanent position.
You might be a good fit if you
- Possess a bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience in related field.
- Displays the ability to identify problems and suggest solutions in accordance with quality operating standards
- Have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Are extremely organized and skilled in prioritizing multiple projects
- Self-disciplined, highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ideally have prior work experience in a learning & development context; teaching and/or training admin experience in a university, corporate, or government setting is a plus.
- Is passionate about making complex topics simple and easy to understand for the masses.
- Is tech savvy and able to do tech/product demos when needed.
- Enjoy learning and be able to grasp a breadth of fields.
- Proficient in group training, presentations and public speaking.
- Are able to analyse data at a basic level.
- Have experience in facilitating group learning events
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.