We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The Corporate Security Architect will help design and implement security improvements across our corporate systems, including Google Workspace and Endpoint Management systems. This will include managing systems, testing and deploying configurations, partnering with IT to share administrative tasks, and perform ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
In this role you'll;
- Design and implement devices configurations to deploy via Jamf Pro and Google Workspace, ensuring the best user experience across laptops and mobile devices.
- Script and automate the implementation of the Mac platform, security tools, certificate renewals, and MFA.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Deploy and operationalize security processes to ensure our systems are properly secured and maintained.
- Stage and test of device configurations and deployments.
- Partner with Engineering teams to accommodate unique development environments on endpoints.
- Identify and deploy internal processes, automation improvements, and new feature enhancements.
- Work as an escalation point for the global IT helpdesk team, and provide hands-on training as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in IT and cybersecurity-related fields.
- 5+ years of professional experience in information technology, networking
- Functional knowledge of information security industry standards and best practices, or similar experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and be the sole contributor in a fast-changing environment.
- 5+ years' hands-on experience administrating Jamf Pro MDM, Google Workspace, and (preferably) MS365.
- Experience scripting, integrating and automating device management configurations.
- Experience managing device policies for laptops (macOS, Windows, and Linux) and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
- Are comfortable working alongside IT and People Operations teams (Preferred)
- Speak French fluently(Preferred).
- You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -5 and +2) with reliable Internet access.
- Our team meets in Senegal every four months for retreats, which are one week in length. Wave covers all costs associated with travel to and from Senegal.
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula.
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country to country).
- Six months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance.
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
You might be a good fit if you
- Possess strong skills in problem-solving, communications, collaboration, and leadership
- Love owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems and how to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling issues, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Care deeply about the usability of tools and systems that will impact employees' work every day
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.