We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Liquidity Manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You will deputize the country lead in charge of liquidity and will be responsible for structuring and deploying strategies across Cote d’Ivoire to offer optimized cash-flow solutions and anticipate liquidity demand for optimal operation of the money transfer product. This is a data-driven position and the candidate is expected to be very conversant with spreadsheets, graphs and charts as well as cash management tools.
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead a skilled team capable of responding to the fast-growing Wave environment - this role will manage at least 15 field liquidity staff.
- Develop necessary materials for a sustainable and structured liquidity department
- Be on top of the liquidity status nationwide and especially on the assigned region
- Develop relationships with our bank partners
- Identify priority areas and come up with innovative solutions to Wave’s liquidity needs
- Coordinate and lead the team to implement strategy and achieve planned OKRs in agent ops within the assigned regions
- Supervise super agents/Premium agent officers and cash officers under your management and manage their day to day activities
- In liaison with People Ops, properly recruit and onboard Super agents/Premium agent officers and cash officers by providing corresponding material and appropriate training with best practices
- Properly monitor your team on a daily basis in order to detect any wrongdoings or theft and report any risks proactively
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on your team’s performance
- Conduct field research and investigation for the liquidity team
- Assist your team to ensure the requested job is completed by providing the adequate support needed including timely communication
- Prioritize the biggest problems blocking the unit’s performance and impact.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time through your line manager
- 5+ years experience as a liquidity manager in Ivory Coast
- Has already led/managed a team. Preferably an experience in cash movements/cash-in-transit
- Have a wide experience in Cash in Transit and management of mobile money liquidity in the field
- Equivalent of a Bachelor Degree - A secondary degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or comparable field
- Excel Proficiency
- Strong proficiency in English and French
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time in Cote d'Ivoire
- Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- Work authorization in Abidjan required
You might be a good fit if you
- Understand the liquidity challenge in a rapidly scaling agent network and the approaches to ensuring adequate liquidity.
- Have strong analytical skills
- Good at process documentation and effective at knowledge transfer
- Are adaptable and a creative thinker, and willing to iterate and fail quickly
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Think from first principles (basic theoretical form) about how things should work
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective
- Have led a team whose role was to ensure the efficient day to day running of an agent network
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.