We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
Our company has doubled over the past months and we will continue to grow rapidly. We are looking to hire a temporary senior recruiter who is excellent at managing full cycle recruitment with emphasis on screening, interviewing, sourcing, evaluating, coordinating and attracting strong talents. You will responsible for managing multiple pipelines efficiently while maintaining a great candidate and hiring manager experience at all times.
You will also build strong relationships with team leads and become a trusted thought partner to them in solving how to scale their teams to achieve our mission in our various countries of operation.
- Source diverse candidates who are both technically excellent and exceptional culture fits
- Build and carry out semi-structured interviews with candidates as part of the screening and final interview process
- Deeply understand and be an ambassador for our culture, values, and habits
- Articulate the story and principles of Wave by interviewing employees
- Make sure recruits see and experience the culture during the hiring process
- Partner with Wave’s team leads to design and build the teams they need to scale
- Learn how each team functions and their mission to strategise opportunities for hiring and leverage existing resources
- Design hiring strategies and processes to attract and retain a high-quality diverse team
- This is a permanent position.
- Location: You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -5 and +4) with reliable internet access but preferably in the following countries: US, Canada, Belgium, Germany, UK, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Uganda, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Niger, Benin or Senegal.
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula. For this role, depending on your level and location, we will offer an annual gross salary between USD 78,500 - USD 121,812.
- Language: English fluency is required. French fluency will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3+ years of demonstrated ownership of full recruitment cycle i.e. sourcing, cv screening, and interviewing. Progressive work experience in the areas of talent acquisition/recruitment in an international high-growth company will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) required.
- Experience with online networking tools, such as LinkedIn with experience conducting searches on recruitment databases to identify and access new professional networks is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a very fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities in a global business culture.
- Experience using ATS software is a must preferably greenhouse
- Experience using modern tech tools like google calendar, slack, zoom is an added advantage
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing objectives
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Are incredibly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people and thrive at building new relationships
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions - hiring for every role at Wave is unique!
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are tech-savvy and enjoy automating processes
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.