We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for an Onboarding Officer, who’s resourceful and excited about setting up things. You will be responsible to help new hires effectively integrate our company and help create an efficient and inspiring onboarding experience for the employee’s first days, weeks, and months at the Wave. Your main duty will be to provide a thorough, efficient, and consistent introduction to their new organization.
In this role, you will,
- Implement and maintain our People Ops Onboarding procedures
- Promote and Propagate Wave culture and values
- Manage new hires immersion programs and other resources in support of the onboarding process.
- Monitor innovative and creative ways to integrate new employees in the organization
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and senior managers
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the onboarding process
- Coordinate with other People Teams (Recruitment, Payroll, Office management, IT, etc.) to ensure excellent integration experience
- Coordinate and oversee all administrative and logistics tasks to provide a high level of onboarding experience
- Initiate applicable background checks, entering into applicable HR systems, creating first day / week agendas, answering any questions the new hire has, coordinating with others to ensure a great onboarding experience, working with hiring managers to ensure they receive any support needed, following up with new hires post-start, and more.
- Partner with Department Heads and other senior managers to build and communicate effective onboarding plans for new hires.
- Provide relevant trainings and follow up on our integration process (mission, values, code of conduct, tools, etc.)
- Location: You'll work from our office in Bamako
- You must have work authorization in Mali
- This is a permanent position.
- Speak both French and English fluently. ( Great level of French )
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with an international company
You might be a good fit if you
- Posses a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, or other related discipline , required.
- Are strongly mission driven
- Are extremely organized and skilled in prioritizing multiple projects
- Are a welcoming person with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Are self-disciplined, highly motivated and able to work independently
- Have computer proficiency and ability to operate Microsoft Office packages.
- Good at maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times
- High accuracy levels in work with clear attention to detail
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills
- Are proficient in group training, presentations and public speaking.
- Have previous experience in training or coaching
- Proven experience in a position within a fast paced high volume environment
- Inquisitive, flexible and adaptable
- Have experience using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.