We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Distribution Administration Manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for performing administrative functions for our Distribution team as we rapidly scale our business in Burkina Faso. Please note that the term Distribution refers to User Acquisition.
In this role, you'll:
- Support the user growth office and distribution teams from our office in Ouagadougou
- Support user growth leads to ensure distributors are recruited and managed as per internal policy and procedures
- Be responsible for requesting, dispatching and tracking usage of distribution related supplies
- Be an administrative focal contact point for Interim firms, Wave and distributors for user growth.
Possible tasks might include:
- Activating and deactivating distributors
- Verifying distributors’ attendance
- Sharing performance of distributors on a regular basis with their supervisors
- Calculating distributors’ due bonuses and preparing payment files on time
- Be the main point of contact with our interim firm partners who employ our hundreds of distributors
- Ensure distributors have up to date contracts and that they are paid on time
- Follow up on our interim firm partners’ invoices and bulk payment recharges
- Troubleshooting any technical issue distributors may face
- Helping with recruitment and training arrangements for distributors when needed
- Organize alignments’ sessions with the different teams working closely with distribution
- Help the distribution teams follow up actions in order of priority, by consolidating key information
- Assisting distributors with access to all relevant platforms (slack, WhatsApp groups, etc)
- Liaising with field teams to dispatch all required stationery and merchandising material required and any other required supplies, tracking dispatched and available supplies and its use.
- Tracking client issues during distribution, and make outbound calls to new sign ups to collect data
- Providing basic training on distribution admin related issues to the field teams
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Work authorization in Burkina Faso required
- Proficient in English and a local language
- Completed university degree
- Experience in an administration position or an HR/payroll position
- Be a good note taker
- Strong computer skills, especially with spreadsheets, and experience using Google Maps
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills
- Experience leading networks of sales people, agents or retail networks in a back-office administrative position is an added advantage
- Experience running payroll for 20+ people and have a strong understanding of Burkina Faso’s labor laws is also an added advantage
- Office-based work in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
You might be a good fit if you
- Are exceptionally organized, able to independently follow through on tasks and able to manage priorities effectively
- Are detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, both on written and verbal forms
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets
- Always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Enjoy team work, but also know how to work well independently
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.