We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Field Agent Quality who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for assessing our agent network on an ongoing basis and identify weaknesses in order to provide us with relevant data likely to help improve our service quality and improve our agent network reliability.
In this role, you’ll be expected to :
- Travel and visit on a regular basis assigned wave agents.
- Conduct cash audits and report on shortcomings
- Audit agents on a regular basis to ensure that they are complying with their code of conduct
- Inspect agencies' environments to detect possible concerns and areas for improvement.
- Check on the completeness of the agent’s compliance documentation
- Write brief reports detailing the experience after each wave agent visit.
- Investigate field team’s adherence to process and policies through field visits
- disclose competing interests, including dislike of particular wave points.
- Other internal audit admin tasks may be assigned from time to time
- Fluency Bambara, French, and English
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good writing
- Well organized and flexible
- Driver License
- Location: Within Mali, the regions
- Work authorization in Mali required
You might be a good fit if you
- Have worked in the field - either in selling, communication or distribution.
- Have experience in assessing service quality or conducting surveys/data collection
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Adjust quickly to changing conditions and any environment.
- Great at data gathering, reporting and analytics to draw insightful conclusions
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Are self-motivating with a focus on self-improvement
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.