We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a customer support representative who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be joining our customer service team as we rapidly scale our business in Burkina Faso.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for responding to user questions and concerns
- Represent Wave to our users through the call center
- Make outgoing calls to customers
- Answer incoming calls from customers
- Conduct satisfaction surveys
- Know how to report bugs to engineers and escalate when needed.
- Knowing how to follow a case until you find a solution
- Coordinate with other department when Customers or Partners get in touch with you
- Help or inform customer when they have issues
- Primarily based in Ouagadougou
- Work authorization in Burkina Faso required
- Fluency in French and local languages (Moore, Dioula)
- Fluency in English is a plus
- At least one year's experience in a comparable position (Call center, Customer Service )
- Being able to work at flexible schedules
Preferable aptitudes and qualities
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- A strong sense of responsibility and a good ability to take initiative
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have team work spirit
- You have management skills
- Have been in a Customer Service (Mobile wallet or Customer Service Company)
- You have worked or are working at Wave
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.