We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Support Team Lead who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for leading our customer service team as we rapidly scale our business in Burkina Faso. In this role, you'll manage the support reps in your group, to achieve their objectives.
- Make outgoing calls to customers
- Answer incoming calls from customers
- Report bugs detected
- Take daily notes about support activities.
- Help in the schedule making
- Assign task to support reps for incoming call and outgoing calls or survey.
- Have 1on1s every two weeks with the reps assigned to them.
- Report relevant thing to the support team lead for the good functioning of the service.
- Location: Primarily based in Ouagadougou with possible relocation to other offices in Burkina Faso
- Work authorization in Burkina Faso required
- This is a permanent position
- At least one year's experience in a comparable position (Call center, Customer Service )
- Experience Managing call center teams
- Fluency in English, French and Mooré
- Primary degree education
- Being able to work at flexible schedules
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have team work spirit
- Are available every day of the week, including weekends if necessary
- You speak English
- Have been in a Customer Service (Mobile wallet or Customer Service Company)
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.