We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Liquidity Lead who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. The successful candidate will effectively manage agent liquidity and cash operations in BF, to ensure that our agent liquidity and customer needs at agents are sufficiently and cost effectively met. You will continually review and improve agent liquidity, Cash in Transit operations and security standards and processes and ensure strict SLA adherence to all cash operations core requirements with Cash In Transit firms, our staff and our agents.
In this role, you'll:
- Build and lead a skilled team capable of responding to the fast growing Wave environment in Burkina Faso
- Develop necessary materials for a sustainable and structured liquidity department
- Be on top of the liquidity status nationwide
- Identify priority areas and come up with innovative solutions to Wave’s liquidity needs
At Wave, Agent Liquidity Lead will:
- Coordinate and lead the unit team to implement strategy and achieve planned OKRs in agent ops
- Identify, plan and coordinate projects per month to help in process and tools improvement within agent ops team.
- Support policy reviews and process documentation including key learning and help with knowledge transfer sessions with other affiliate country operations.
- Assists with ideas and special programs and projects design and pilot implementation as may be determined by the business related to your unit;
- Work from first principles to understand the user's biggest problems and then figure out how the processes and tools should work to solve those problems.
- Prioritize the biggest problems blocking the unit’s performance and impact.
- Support the Head of the agent ops in country in people sourcing, development, coordination and management.
You might be a good fit if you
- Understand the challenge of scaling an agent network fast while maintaining quality standards.
- Have strong analytical skills
- Good at process documentation and effective at knowledge transfer
- Are adaptable and a creative thinker, and willing to iterate and fail quickly
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Think from first principles (basic theoretical form) about how things should work
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective
- Have led a team whose role was to ensure the efficient day to day running of an agent network
- Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Work authorization in Burkina Faso required
- Language: Strong proficiency in English, French and Bambara (other local languages are an advantage)
- Previous Experience: Has already led/managed a team. Preferably an experience in cash movements/cash-in-transit
- Education: Equivalent of a Bachelor Degree - A secondary degree in Finance, Accounting , Business Management or comparable field
- Tools : Excel/Google sheet Proficiency
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time within Burkina Faso
- Strong on integrity
- Proven experience in Customer Relationship Management
- Strong knowledge of agent network management
- Strong negotiation skills
bonus points if you
- Extended experience in Cash in Transit and management of mobile money liquidity at the field without significant issues.
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.