We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Master Agent Manager. You'll be responsible for leading the master agents team on day to day management and roll out to help rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
In this role, you'll:
- Create and manage a roll-out plan for singleton Master agents and corporate Master agent
- Lead the master agent team to grow a sustainable master agent network
- Lead and deliver on all the projects related to master agents
- Work with team to ensure master agents have 100% all the supplies required
- Be the primary contact person for all master agent issues
- Ensure that high quality service is provided by the master agents network
- Overseeing the development of master agents and ensure high quality master agents
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
- Manage a stable of existing corporate partnerships, focusing on strategy and stewardship of partners to more robust contribution to the growth of Wave operations.
- Fluency in English and other local languages
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication.
- Great attention to detail.
- Outstanding memorization abilities.
- Well organized and flexible.
- Ability to conduct duties discreetly and impartially.
- Driver Licence, class B
- Location: Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to other locations in Uganda
- Work authorization in Uganda required
You might be a good fit if you
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over communication
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people and thrive at building new relationships
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions - hiring for every role at Wave is unique!
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are incredibly adaptable and excel in multi-cultural and fast paced environments
- Process-driven and can implement structure where there is little or none
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing on objectives
- Have excellent excel skills
- Love taking ownership of projects
- Have a strong sense of integrity
- Think from first principles about how things should work
- Think about culture and process from the user's perspective (in this case our candidates)
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.