We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Premium Agent Manager who is resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. You'll be responsible for helping the Uganda Agent Team identify, train, roll out, and manage a network of Premium Agents as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
In this role, you'll:
- Assess and Select the Premium Agent Outlet
- Gather requirements and obtain approval for the premise
- Set up the Premium Outlet in line with the laid down procedure and minimum requirements
- Ensure the training of Premium Agents and their assistants
- Assess the final business premise and hand it over to liquidity
- Assign a reputable security company to ensure Premium agent security
- Incorporate all Premium agent outlets into the Insurance policy
- Report and track the performance of the premium agent, drive up outlet utilization metrics as per OKRs
- Ensure premium agent outlets are maintained in adherence to minimum standards set
- Ensure a good relation and smooth communication with the Premium agent network principal and continuously retrain the outlet to achieve the desired level of customer service.
- Fluent in English - this role will also interact regularly with non-English speakers.
- Speak both English and another local language fluently will be a great advantage
- In-depth knowledge of our product and agent network since to better explain the product to agents and other stakeholders
- Location is primarily based in Kampala with the possibility for intermittent travel throughout Uganda
- Work authorisation in Uganda required
You might be a good fit if you
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are flexible enough to adapt to various process changes and updates gracefully
- Are a self-starters and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Are charismatic and enjoy talking and explaining new ideas and products to people
- Love owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.