We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Administration Officer who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for performing administrative functions for our Agent team as we rapidly scale our business in Mali.
In this role, you'll:
- Support the agent office and field operations teams from our head office in Bamako
- Support agent team managers to ensure agents are recruited and managed as per internal policy and procedure
- Work with other teams to track agent issues and client issues at agents, and make outbound calls to agents to collect data
- Be responsible for requesting, dispatching and tracking usage of agent related supplies
Possible tasks might include:
- Assist with administrative duties related to agent network ops by supporting all projects in the departmental from the head office.
- Maintaining agent contracts and ensuring up-to-date information across systems and devices are well set-up and functional.
- Liaise with field teams to dispatch all required stationery and merchandising material required and any other required supplies, tracking dispatched and available supplies and its use.
- Track and compile information about agents gathered by field teams and make outbound calls to survey agents on various topics.
- Support the field teams with their planning and liaise with other departments about field team planning.
- Work with field teams to recover Wave documents, equipment, devices and branding, material following adequately the process upon termination of an agent.
- Provide basic training on agent admin related issues to the field teams
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- At least 2 Years experience in an administration position and back-office operations at a mobile money operation in Mali
- Completed university degree
- Strong computer skills, especially with spreadsheets, and experience using Google Maps
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills
- Proficient in English and French
- Work authorization in Mali is required
Bonus points if you
- Have experience supporting networks of agents or retail networks in a back-office administrative position.
- Experienced in field agent operations
- Office-based work in Bamako, Mali
- This is a permanent position
You might be a good fit if you
- Are exceptionally organized, able to independently follow through on tasks and able to manage priorities effectively
- Are detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets
- Always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Enjoy team work, but also know how to work well independently
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.