We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a People Ops Admin Assistant who’s resourceful, organized, proactive and excited about getting things done.
You'll be responsible for the administrative tasks of the Dakar office and the activities associated with this location in order to ensure the smooth running of daily activities, as we rapidly scale our business in Senegal.
In this role you'll:
- Maintain a clean, tidy and well-organized work environment in Senegal
- Coordinate a reception for visitors and staff that is in line with Wave culture
- Manage office parcel shipping and reception for Wave staff
- Negotiate with local providers to obtain the best prices for services and products
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and executing the purchase of equipment, layout and office systems in Senegal
- Follow up on bill payment for Senegal facility utilities, including but not limited to office (electricity, water, internet)
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and execution of company events in Senegal
- Manage repair requests and maintenance in Wave facilities (electricity, plumbing, handymen jobs, etc.)
- Support the Office Manager on all logistics pertaining to future office moves and office changes
- Support the Office Manager and the people operations team on logistics and administrative duties to maintain quality facilities for Wave offices
- Speak, read and write both French and English fluently
- At least 2 year's experience in administration, ideally in an international environment
- Strong organization skills
- Good spreadsheet skills
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Finance or any other equivalent fields of expertise
- Work Base at Dakar Head office with the possibility of making short trips within Senegal.
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- This is an internal hire, please make sure you meets the requirements of our internal mobility policy before applying
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Have developed processes and trainings with minimal guidance and have implemented them in an office environment
- Are a diplomatic team player who can also work autonomously
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.