We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Learning & Development Specialist who :
- Understands the strategy of an organization like Wave and its future capability needs, in order to identify learning priorities across the organization.
- Creates learning environments where employees can continuously develop to be their best.
- Implements learning initiatives that enable Wave to constantly evolve and develop.
- Excels at identifying the current and future skills requirements of Wave, and create flexible learning interventions (through digital and other means) to meet the diverse needs of the workforce.
In this role, you'll be:
- Carrying out capability assessments across the organization
- Designing blended learning solutions
- Using digital tools to create flexible and innovative learning programmes
- Applying adult learning theories to ensure employees get the best out of their development
- Designing a range of learning interventions, including technical, behavioural and leadership programmes
- Consolidating all of the training and communications in a single knowledge management portal
- Driving a culture of continuous professional development
- Facilitating learning interventions
- Creating a coaching culture in the organization
- Monitoring how effectively learning has been transferred to employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is essential
- 5+ years’ training experience required
- Location: Remote
- This is a permanent position
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get things done
- Can function autonomously with minimal guidance
- Possess excellent time management
- Possess strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Have strong experience in designing, developing and delivering training material
- Have developed a training strategy and have an understanding of different training methods and channels
- Are able to link training to performance and quality
- Are able to carry out training needs analysis
- Are able to communicate ideas and instructions to the staff at all levels in a clear and concise manner
- Are able to plan activities in a rapidly changing environment
- Have experience in analyzing a business problem and work with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop a solution to resolve it
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills – experience working with a multi-cultural organization
- Have an advanced or proficient level of Microsoft Office skills, PowerPoint and Excel in particular
- Have demonstrated ability to learn fast on a job
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.