We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
- Training needs assessments
- Assess the completeness of the Wave staff course catalogue relative to the processes and policies in use.
- Conduct staff training needs analysis and evaluation to ensure adequate training in order to achieve organization's OKRs.
- Training material development
- Design, develop and implement clear and comprehensive entry-level, intermediate and advanced level training curricula.
- Support the creation of world-class training and coaching content in consultation with workstream owners
- Create thought leadership in learning and development by researching and socializing leading-edge learning solutions and market trends.
- Training planning and delivery
- Plan and execute individual training sessions for the team and facilitate site and online training activities and events required to meet business needs within authorized budgets
- Keep the training calendar up to date
- Organize team refresher training to address identified training gaps.
- Lead training sessions when needed and train the trainers
- Provide logistical support for course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management.
- Training evaluation
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure internal and external training program development and delivery meet company objectives and standards.
- Oversee site-level train-the-trainer and mentor training program tracking, evaluation and reporting.
- Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Standards for the delivery of Smart Meter, E-Learning and Key Skills Training are to be maintained by respective managers. The review process for all training delivered by their team to maintain quality.
- Fluent in French and English - this role will interact regularly with non-French-speaking learners.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Location: Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire or Rwanda.
- You must have work authorization in Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire or Rwanda.
- This is a permanent position.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have prior work experience in a learning & development context; teaching and/or training admin experience in a university, corporate, or government setting is a plus.
- Have excellent organizational and execution skills.
- Enjoy learning and be able to grasp a breadth of fields.
- Teach and present effectively.
- Be able to analyze data at a basic level.
- Use Excel proficiently – You’ll need to prepare basic reports and budgets in Excel. Nothing fancy, but you need to know formulas.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to produce training content and show up to deliver training sessions.
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.