We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Business Analyst who’s a self-starter and excels at producing analytical content, particularly someone who can be resourceful with irregular data. Your work will include generating regular reports (and guiding how these reports can be improved), providing feedback to other teams on data cleaning, and conducting deep dives with a variety of teams, from People Operations to Information Security, on their analytical needs in order to create tailored solutions. You will also support or manage project implementations for tools that increase our productivity and provide better data sources for our teams.
In this role, you'll:
- Work within our People Operations team but interface with a variety of teams in dozens of countries, from payroll to recruiting to IT.
- Navigate large sets of data and derive meaning to deliver insights to stakeholders. High collaboration with various managers to implement tracking and metrics for their teams.
- Develop new models and methods for evaluating existing data or correlating new to existing data sources for intuitive reporting solutions.
- Advise other teams on data gathering and cleaning.
- Support or manage projects implementing data-focused tools. The support on these projects will likely be in evaluating their use and identifying means to improve or areas of risk after implementation.
- Conduct deep dives with a variety of teams on their analytical needs in order to suggest data-driven improvements to workflows, processes, and tools
- Support or manage project implementations for tools that increase our productivity and provide better data sources for our teams.
- Location: Remote
- Fluent in English
- 2+ years in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience with data visualization tools or platforms (e.g. Dashboards, Tableau, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience using a language for statistical computing in data mining and extraction (R, Python, Stata, SQL etc.).
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets (pivot tables, advanced modeling, creating charts/graphs)
- Demonstrates a strong competency in statistics
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are proficient in French
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.