We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for an onboarding coordinator to join our team and help new hires effectively integrate our company and help create an efficient and inspiring onboarding experience for the employee’s first days, weeks, and months at the company.
- Be responsible to coordinate and prepare all the admin and logistics prior to integrate new employees
- Facilitate onboarding sessions and as per existing processes (mission, values, code of conduct, tools, etc.)
- Assist with access setup and answer questions from new employees
- Guide new employees from the start in their onboarding and ensure they have all the support they need to properly configure their internal hardware and tools
- Monitor innovative and creative ways to integrate new employees.
- Works closely with hiring managers to ensure they are supported, to track new hires after they are hired, and during their onboarding.
- Coordinate with other departments (Recruitment, Payroll, etc.) to ensure excellent integration experience
- Ensure new employees are aware of their orientation schedule and have completed all required onboarding tasks, hiring documents and have the appropriate materials
- Posses a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, or other related discipline
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with wave culture , mission , values and tools
- Speak French, English & Wolof fluently ( Great level of French )
- Location: You'll work from our office in Dakar
- You must have work authorization in Senegal
- This is a permanent position
You might be a good fit if you
- Are strongly mission driven
- Are extremely organized and skilled in prioritizing multiple projects
- Are a welcoming person with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Are self-disciplined, highly motivated and able to work independently
- Have computer proficiency and ability to operate Microsoft Office packages.
- Good at maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times
- Are proficient in group training, presentations and public speaking.
- Have previous experience in training ( A Plus )
- Have experience using Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) ( A plus )
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.