We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The Office Manager will be responsible for the efficient functioning of our Abidjan office through a range of administrative, financial and managerial tasks.
He'll have to coordinate and oversee administrative duties in an office, and ensure that the office operates efficiently and smoothly on a day to day basis. Your responsibilities generally include duties like managing office supplies, overseeing and manage other administrative staff, owning budgets, and supporting staff with administrative tasks.
In this role, you'll:
- Supervising and monitoring the work of administrative staff
- Overseeing general office operation
- Facilities management
- Implementing and Maintaining procedures / office administrative systems
- Coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Coordinating company events or conferences
- Managing office budget
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date
- Dealing with correspondence, complaints and queries
- Ordering stationery and furniture
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Producing reports, composing correspondence, and drafting new contracts.
- Creating presentations and other management-level reports.
- Bachelor's degree or professional training in business administration, or a related field
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Computer proficiency
- 5 years’ experience in an administrative / office management role
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Location: Abidjan
- You must have work authorization in Côte d’Ivoire
- This is a permanent position
You might be a good fit if you
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people and thrive at building new relationships
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions - hiring for every role at Wave is unique!
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are incredibly adaptable and excel in multi-cultural and fast paced environments
- Process-driven and can implement structure where there is little or none
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing on objectives
- Think from first principles about how things should work
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.