We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we're enabling millions of users and growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a customer service representative who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be joining our customer service team as we rapidly scale our business in Uganda.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for responding to user questions and concerns
- Represent Wave to our users through the call center where the tasks include;
- Make outgoing calls to customers
- Answer incoming calls from customers
- Conduct satisfaction surveys
- Help or inform customer when they have issues
- Primarily based in Kampala with possible relocation to other parts of Uganda.
- Work authorization in Uganda is required
- Fluency in English and a local language
- At least one year's experience in a comparable position (Call Center, Customer Service )
- Being able to work at flexible schedules
- Bonus if you have mobile money or agency banking customer support experience.
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have team work spirit
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Niger and Uganda, in addition to Remote team members spread across several locations. We are deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.