We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
As we keep scaling our business in Côte d’Ivoire and are growing our marketing team, we are looking for a dynamic and creative community manager to coordinate our efforts of addressing the best messages and content to the different communities that are part of Wave’s environment.
In this role, you'll:
- Contribute to our social media and communication campaigns and strategies
- Be the voice of Wave Côte d’Ivoire on social media while growing our online community
- Provide engaging content for all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn Twitter, WhatsApp), blog and internal culture book
- Write copies for our different communication materials
- Participate in the elaboration of our editorial calendar and coordinate content delivery in due deadlines
- Master degree in digital marketing or any related field
- Excellent French written and verbal skills + nouchi knowledge
- Excellent English level
- Proven knowledge of Ivorian media and social media space
- Great cultural and pop culture background
- Job located in Abidjan with possible travels within the country
- Work authorization in Côte d’Ivoire required
- This is a permanent position
You might be a good fit if you
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over communication
- Have at least one successful community management experience
- Have excellent communication skills and are able to connect with people from diverse backgrounds
- Have a deep understanding of Ivorian society and culture, and stay up to date with its latest trends
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Are a creative with strategic vision
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are incredibly adaptable and excel in multi-cultural and fast paced environments
- Process-driven and can implement structure where there is little or none
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing on objectives
- Think from first principles about how things should work
- Think about culture and process from the user's perspective
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.