We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
- We’re looking for a Master Agent Officer who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. He will have the responsibility to properly set up our singleton master agent network nationwide.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Mapping areas where we need Master Agents
- Contacting potential master agents and sharing needed information
- Keeping a spreadsheet detailing status of each conversation and active status
- Following up on Master agent (singleton) commission activity and quality based on set up requirements
- Any other tasks as requested by your supervisor
- Location: Abidjan,Cote d'Ivoire with frequent travel upcountry
- Work authorization in Cote d’Ivoire required
- Language: Strong proficiency in French. English is an advantage
- Previous Experience: Strong negotiation/persuasion skills
- Education: Equivalent of a Bachelor Degree
You might be a good fit if you
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
Bonus points if you
- Have worked in an environment where you had to convince potential lead to adhere to a product.
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.