We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
- Manage a team of high-performing recruiters in Cote d’Ivoire and report on their performance
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs in Cote d’Ivoire
- Monitor key recruitment metrics to identify and resolve issues affecting recruiting procedures
- Source diverse world-class candidates who are both technically excellent and exceptional culture fits
- Deeply understand and be an ambassador for our culture, values, and habits at Wave Cote d’Ivoire
- Partner with hiring managers to build the teams they need to scale
- Design hiring strategies and processes to attract and retain a high-quality team in
- Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- Work authorization in Côte d’Ivoire required
- Fluent French and English required
- 7+ years of recruiting/HR experience
- Demonstrate 5+ years of ownership of a full recruitment cycle (sourcing, interviewing, hiring)
- Experience managing a team
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a “can-doer” and thrive on executing objectives
- Exceptionally organized and pay close attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Are incredibly adaptable and experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people and thrive at building new relationships
- Dive into new challenges and enjoy identifying creative solutions - hiring for every role at Wave is unique!
- Are incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions
- Adept at independently navigating complex relationships
- Are tech savvy and enjoy automating processes
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.