We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in...
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an experienced and flexible IAM Security Architect to join our expanding security program and team. You’ll manage security tools and operations, work with management and engineers to implement them, and communicate them to partners and regulators.
- Experience with one or more IAM tools such as Okta, Active Directory, and Azure AD.
- Experience with one or more Endpoint Security tools such as Jamf, Kolide, and Fleetsmith.
In this role you will:
- Manage and maintain our suite of security tools, including Identity Management tools (such as Okta) and Endpoint Security (such as Jamf and GSuite MDM)
- Partner with internal teams to design and develop integrations and secure access programs
- Develop, maintain, and champion secure and scalable access through Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Policy-Based Access Control (PBAC), and Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC)
- Create workflow and approval flow for access provisioning.
- Deploy and operationalize security processes to ensure our IT systems are properly secured and maintained
- Stage and test of new SSO integrations, legacy integration enhancements and integration reconfigurations
- Identify and deploy internal process, automation improvements and new feature enhancements
- Work as an escalation point for the global IT support team
- Work with the engineering team to assess security implications of proposed changes
- You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -8 and +4) with reliable Internet access. However, your application may be preferred if you are based in the US, the UK or in parts of the EU
- Every two to four months, our remote team meets in Africa for a one-week retreat. (Wave covers all costs)
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula. For this role, we are offering a salary range of 75,800 USD - 118,400 USD depending on your level and location.
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country-to-country)
- 6 months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
You might be a good fit if you
- Possess strong skills in problem-solving, communications, collaboration, and leadership
- Love owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems and how to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems,and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Care deeply about the usability of tools and systems that will impact employees’ work every day
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Enjoy working independently and communicating remotely both internally and externally both verbally and in writing
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in IT and cybersecurity-related fields.
- 5+ years of professional experience in information security and risk management
- Functional knowledge of the CISSP security domains and information security industry standard and best practices, or similar experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and be the sole contributor in a fast-changing environment.
Bonus points if you
- Speak French fluently
- Have experience managing IAM and Endpoint Control systems
- Are comfortable working alongside IT and People Operations teams
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.