We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an experienced and flexible Security & Compliance Analyst to join our expanding security team. You’ll manage compliance engagements, work with management and engineers to orchestrate and facilitate audits, and provide updates and feedback on team status. Experience with frameworks such as ISO27001, SOC-2, PCI, and NIST preferred.
- Improve the maturity of Wave's Security Compliance program by identifying and articulating risks, and designing effective controls to mitigate them
- Plan and perform internal assessments to validate control design and efficiency
- Assist the Security team in identifying gaps and assessing new risks when building security into new features and products
- Consult and align with key control owners including People and Engineering teams and cultivate positive relationships
- Work as an escalation point for the global IT support team
- Work with the engineering team to assess security implications of proposed changes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experiences in IT and cybersecurity related fields.
- 5+ years of professional experience in information security and risk management
- Functional knowledge of the CISSP security domains and information security industry standard and best practices;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and be the sole contributor in a fast-changing environment.
Bonus points if you:
- Speak French fluently
- Have experience leading audits with ISO27001, SOC-1, SOC-2, PCI, or SOX
- You can work remotely from anywhere (between UTC -8 and +4) with reliable Internet access. However, your application may be preferred if you are based in the US, the UK or in parts of the EU
- Every two to four months, our remote team meets in Africa for a one-week retreat. (Wave covers all costs)
- Our salaries are competitive and are calculated using a transparent formula. For this role, we are offering a salary range of 75,800 USD - 94,720 USD depending on your level and location.
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country-to-country)
- 6 months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
You might be a good fit if you
- Possess strong skills in problem-solving, communications, collaboration, and leadership
- Love owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems and how to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Care deeply about the usability of tools and systems that will impact employees’ work every day
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Enjoy working independently and communicating remotely both internally and externally both verbally and in writing
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.