We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in...
At Wave, Agent Quality Lead will:
- Coordinate and lead the unit team to implement strategy and achieve planned objectives in agent quality management including the liquidity audits.
- Identify, plan and coordinate projects per month to help in process and tools improvement within agent ops team.
- Coordinate policy reviews and process documentation including key learnings and help with knowledge transfer sessions with other affiliate country operations.
- Assists with ideas and special programs and projects design and pilot implementation as may be determined by the business related to your unit.
- Help track agent quality through well coordinated audits and mystery shopping with your team.
- Devise ways to unearth and track tricks and ways by which agents do not utilize Wave’s allocated funds for the intended purpose and suggest improvements.
- Develop and formalize controls procedures to ensure the quality of agents across the network.
- Work from first principles to understand the user's biggest problems and then figure out how the processes and tools should work to solve those problems.
- Prioritize the biggest problems blocking the unit’s performance and impact.
- Support the Head of Risk in identifying and mitigating any risks on the network and with the customers.
You might be a good fit if you
- Understand the challenge of scaling an agent network fast while maintaining quality standards.
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Have experience in internal control and/or operational audit
- Good at process documentation and effective at knowledge transfer
- Are adaptable and a creative thinker, and willing to iterate and fail quickly
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication
- Think from first principles (basic theoretical form) about how things should work
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective
- Have led a team whose role was to ensure the operational and quality conformity of a network
- Are self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Have strong computer applications skills.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Have built and led strong teams in achieving key results.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Are willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in IT, business administration, finance, criminology or other relevant disciplines
- Fluent English and French
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar position in Africa
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time to Côte d'Ivoire
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Wave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up everyday. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.