We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant who is enthusiastic about a challenge and passionate about Wave's mission; a dynamic person who is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve our mission of making Senegal cashless! You will be responsible for specific administrative processing tasks on behalf of the Wave corporate sales team as we rapidly expand our business in Senegal.
- General administrative support to the sales team
- Collect and file administrative documents
- Liaise with the legal team from countersigning the contract to delivering the copy to the partner and maintain the contract tracking document
- Coordinate with our Compliance team for the validation of contracts and administrative documents provided by partners,
- Assist in the follow-up of files and team dashboards
- Assist in the development and monitoring of deployment schedules
- Coordinate and monitor the participation of Sales teams in events such as fairs, exhibitions, ...
- Respond to all internal and external requests and inquiries related to Sales
- Prepare activity tracking documents
- Support recruitment efforts by receiving partnership requests in the front office;
- Maintain business contracts
- Track and compile company information
- Make outbound calls to conduct surveys on various topics
- Location is within Senegal, region varies
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- This is a permanent contract with 1 months probation
- Strong oral and written skills
- Being a very organized person
- Proficiency with Excel
- Good English.
- Fluent in Olof and French
- Local work authorization
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Secondary degree education in Project Management , Communications, , International Relations, Business Management, or a comparable field
Bonus points if
- You have experience in Assistantship
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate outstanding project and process management skills
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented - you like to roll up your sleeves and get down to business;
- You have a tolerance - dare we say enthusiasm! - for repetitive tasks;
- You are motivated to tackle tasks, complete them efficiently and move on to the next;
- You are curious, collaborative and analytical in your approach to problems and you are willing to think outside the box when faced with potential obstacles;
- You are very comfortable with technology (Google Suite, Slack, Quip, MS Office), are Mac literate, and are comfortable troubleshooting technical issues; * You have a good understanding of how to work with a variety of technologies;
- You adapt quickly to changing priorities and conditions and deal effectively with complexity and change (we are a startup - change happens regularly and quickly!)
- Have worked for a remote company before and be able to work independently.
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.