We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, nearly 60% of adults in sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an HR Generalist who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for managing the efficient functioning of processes through a range of administrative, financial and managerial tasks, as we rapidly scale our business in Cote d'Ivoire.
In this role, you'll:
- Implementing and maintaining our People Ops and HR policies, procedures and office administrative systems in Wave Cote d’Ivoire. Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date.
- Propagating Wave culture, oversee the onboarding of new hires and also manage employee relations
- Manage day-to-day employee relations concerns, all staff record maintenance on benefits, staff transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, policy violations, performance improvement plans and terminations. Support and advise Wave Managers on people related issues.
- Coordinate and plan corporate conference or events such as happy hours, retreats etc
- Coordinate and oversee administrative duties and logistics in the office, and ensure the quality of working and living conditions are in good standards while ensuring smooth operations of the office on a day to day basis.
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Creating presentations, and other management-level reports.
- Location: Abidjan
- You must have work authorisation in Cote d’Ivoire
- This is a permanent position.
- Bachelor's degree or professional training in business administration, HR or any other related field
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and should be open to learning how to use our HR systems at Wave
- Experience using google suite (doc, sheets) or microsoft office
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role, ideally at an internationally company
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and ability to prioritise.
Preferable aptitudes and qualities
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Can function autonomously with minimal guidance
- Excellent time management
- Possess strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Have developed processes with minimal guidance and have implemented them
- Are solution-driven, detail-oriented with strong task follow through
- Can understand and follow established priorities
- Proven experience as an Events Planner or Organizer
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask under pressure.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- We have a continuously growing in-country team in Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing great financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll learn to own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.