We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking to hire a highly experienced salesperson who is excited by a challenge and passionate about Wave's mission; a dynamic, out-of-the-box thinker willing to do whatever it takes to achieve our mission of making Senegal cashless! You will be responsible for selling Wave's payment and business products to key corporate clients as we rapidly expand our business in Senegal.
As a Key Account Lead, you will be part of the sales team responsible for prospecting and acquiring new high-revenue business customers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own a sales pipeline for Wave's business and payment products from the prospect stage to contract signature and build commercial relationships with government institutions, NGOs, major institutes, etc., that enable Wave to grow in Senegal.
- Make presentations in person or remotely that clearly explain Wave’s products and convince potential customers of the benefits of working with Wave.
- Close high-revenue sales contracts and support other sales representatives to achieve the team’s goals.
- Participate in the development of Wave’s sales strategy.
- Communicate clearly the status of your work through regular written notes, active participation in meetings, and regular check-ins with relevant stakeholders
- Bid on tenders
- Location is based primarily in Dakar, with possible short-term relocations within Senegal.
- Work authorization in Senegal is required.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position (ideally in an international company, a bank, a mobile money company, or similar)
- Fluency in French and Wolof.
- Good command of English.
- A degree in sales, project management, finance, international relations, business management, or a comparable field.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have a strong network of friends and former colleagues from your work in B2B sales that you are eager to meet and work with.
- Have a strong portfolio of high-revenue clients (government, NGOs, etc.) and relationships to tap into
- Are as comfortable in a meeting room making a presentation as you are in preparing partnership documents in French/English.
- Are enthusiastic about Wave's mission and eager to do what needs to be done to accomplish it.
- Are a team player, but you can also work independently.
- Have demonstrated tenacity and a willingness to go the extra mile to get things done.
- Are excessively detail-oriented and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Have experience in international work, mobile money, and related business solutions.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Optional: Please feel free to add a cover letter or note if there is anything additional that you would like to share about your interest in Wave/the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.