We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Field Agent Quality (Mystery Shopper) who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for assessing our agent network on an ongoing basis and identifying weaknesses in order to provide us with relevant data likely to help improve our service quality and improve our agent network reliability.
In this role, you'll be expected to :
- Travel and visit on a regular basis assigned wave agents.
- Remain discreet while posing as a regular customer and observe.
- Interact with wave agents in person to gauge customer service.
- inspect discreetly the store's environment to detect possible concerns and areas for improvement.
- Perform transactions as a regular customer and ask specific questions to assess service quality and compliance.
- Making observations about the agents’ behavior and answers.
- Fill out a questionnaire and write a brief report detailing the experience after each wave agent visit.
- Follow up field activation and promotion activities and gather data as per provided template.
- Investigate field team’s adherence to process and policies through random calls and field visits.
- Disclose competing interests, including dislike of particular wave points.
- Other internal audit admin tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Location: Within Gambia, region varies.
- Work authorization in Gambia required.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized child care when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space.
- Fluency in English.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written communication.
- Great attention to detail.
- Outstanding memorization abilities.
- Well organized and flexible.
- Ability to conduct duties discreetly and impartially.
- Driver License.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have worked in the field - either in selling, communication or distribution.
- Result-oriented, with an engaging personality and a good ability to build trust.
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Adjust quickly to changing conditions and any environment.
- Great at data gathering, reporting and analytics to draw insightful conclusions.
- Have at least 2 years experience in assessing service quality or conducting surveys/data collection.
- Are self-motivating with a focus on self-improvement.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Optional: Please feel free to add a cover letter or note if there is anything additional that you would like to share about your interest in Wave/the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.