We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Office Manager who is who is resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for the efficient functioning of our Abidjan office through a range of administrative, financial and managerial tasks. You will be coordinating and overseeing administrative duties in an office, and ensuring that the office operates efficiently and smoothly on a day to day basis. Your responsibilities generally will include duties like managing office supplies, overseeing and managing other administrative staff, owning budgets, and supporting staff with administrative tasks.
In this role, you'll;
- Supervise and monitor the work of administrative staff
- Oversee general office operation
- Facilities management
- Implement and Maintain procedures / office administrative systems
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Coordinate company events or conferences
- Manage office budget
- Ensure that health and safety policies are up to date
- Deal with correspondence, complaints and queries
- Order stationery and furniture
- Purchase office supplies and equipment and maintain proper stock levels.
- Supervise, mentor, train, and coach our office staff and delegate assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Produce reports, compose correspondence, and draft new contracts.
- Create presentations and other management-level reports.
- You'll work from our office in Abidjan
- Work authorization in Cote d'Ivoire.
- This is a permanent position.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 5 years’ experience in an administrative / office management role
- Bachelor's degree or professional training in business administration, or a related field
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and ability to priotise.
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Softskills and personality traits
- Computer proficiency
You might be a good fit if you
- Have managed successful teams to achieve ambitious goals
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Optional: Please feel free to add a cover letter or note if there is anything additional that you would like to share about your interest in Wave/the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.