We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The Global Customer Support Director will oversee our customer support operations across all five of Wave’s markets, focusing on our 500+ person support teams in Senegal and Côte d’Ivoire.
The Director will be responsible for overseeing the customer support services globally, the management of our customer support teams, and the coordination with support product and engineering team. The Director will oversee team-wide processes and performance, including support staffing, scheduling, and budgeting, with the end goal of providing consistent, high quality experiences for our users, agents and merchants.
In this role, you'll;
- Drive operational performance of all customer service activities through established SLAs and KPIs with a focus on operational efficiency
- Own the pricing and profitability of all support business lines
- Develops a strong, sustainable team by mentoring, developing, rewarding, and retaining talent
- Direct and efficiently manage all the customer service activities and performances across 5 countries
- Effectively communicate internally and cross-organizationally
- Maintain and improve mechanisms for surveying and measuring customer satisfaction and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
- Establish a workforce management framework to ensure that customer service contact volumes can be managed within defined service level agreements
- Ensure the reporting of all data
- Location: The role can be either locally or remotely based ((between UTC -8 and +4 with reliable internet access in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium, Poland, Spain, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Uganda, Kenya, or Ghana) with some travels to our other main support office in Abidjan.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize Fitness benefit.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluent English and French
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years of experience proven working experience as a Customer Service Manager, call center experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Experience leading a 200+ person team of support/operational staff
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast growing environment
You might be a good fit if you
- Ability to think strategically and lead
- A track record of implementing and driving change for organizational efficiency improvements
- Awareness of the industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases, and tools
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Experience or interest in mobile money or financial services
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Optional: Please feel free to add a cover letter or note if there is anything additional that you would like to share about your interest in Wave/the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.