We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for Distribution Sales Executives that will be responsible for acquiring and onboarding new high-value subscribers in specific districts of Kampala, Kabale, Mbarara, Masaka, Fortportal, Jinja, Mbale, Soroti, Arua, Gulu, and Lira.
Your role will involve helping us reach our objective of creating tremendous monthly active payers by successfully onboarding new subscribers and training them on how our platform works.
In this role, you'll;
- Conduct distribution in key assigned districts in Uganda.
- Master Wave distribution for new subscribers to make sure you hit your daily sales targets
- Be responsible for subscriber growth in your allocated area of operation.
- Liaise with your Distribution Supervisor to make sure you have all the necessary supplies and work materials daily.
- Encourage and motivate new users to download our application and train them on how it works
- Report daily on distribution needs, and feedback from the field.
- Monitor progress related to distribution activities in the field.
- Fluency in English and a local language is required.
- Residence in the districts of Kampala, Kabale, Mbarara, Masaka, Fortportal, Jinja, Mbale, Soroti, Arua, Gulu, and Lira, where distribution will be carried out.
- Work authorization in Uganda is required
- 3 months, renewable contract
- Payment terms: Base pay plus Commission
You might be a good fit if you;
- Have high sales acumen
- Are excited about working in the field, as this is a field-only role
- Are detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, able to independently follow through on tasks and able to manage priorities effectively
- Enjoy team work, but also know how to work well independently
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Have experience in a field sales job
- Can speak the local language in the area of operation.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Optional: Please feel free to add a cover letter or note if there is anything additional that you would like to share about your interest in Wave/the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.