We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Master Agent Lead. You'll be responsible for leading and day-to-day management of the master agents team to roll out and help to rapidly scale our business in the launch countries.
In this role, you'll:
- Provide support to countries to achieve operational excellence in the growth and management of master agents.
- Support the recruitment and orientation of country master agent leads and oversee proper training and coaching of master agent staff in-country.
- Lead the growth of the master agents network in the assigned country to address at least 40% of the country’s agent liquidity needs.
- Develop policies and processes to streamline master agent operations in the country and oversee the development of master agents to meet high-quality standards.
- Create and manage a roll-out plan for our corporate and singleton partners.
- Lead the master agent team to grow a sustainable master agent network.
- Drive and deliver success on all the projects related to master agents.
- Work with the team to ensure master agents have 100% of all the supplies required.
- Produce periodic business reports and provide constant feedback to management.
- Location: You'll start and work from a Wave launch country and will be expected to move every 2 to 3 months between countries with intermittent breaks to rest and recuperate.
- This is a permanent position.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews once a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluent in English and French
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in mobile money, retail banking or specifically managing an agent network including liquidity management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a field-based role.
You might be a good fit if you
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Enjoy owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Have built and led strong teams in achieving key results.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective.
- Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating Excel and on-boarding to new tools.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.