We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Operations Launch Lead. Reporting to the Agent Ops Launch Specialist, you will be responsible for developing our mobile money business model, increasing the quality of the network, assisting in the continuous roll-out to market, and the growth of Wave’s mobile money business in any launch country.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide support to the assigned country, to achieve operational excellence in the growth and management of regular agents.
- Support the recruitment and orientation of country regular agent leads and oversee proper training and coaching of regular agent network staff in-country.
- Lead the growth of the regular agents network in the assigned country to address the distribution and user growth demands.
- Develop policies and processes to streamline regular agent network operations in the country and oversee the growth of high quality and liquid regular agents.
- Create and manage a roll-out plan for our regular agent network in the assigned country.
- Increase quality rate of regular agent network while managing regional leads and working closely with Audit department and Liquidity.
- Lead the analysis of agent performance, identify what is working and what is not, and take actions to remedy what is not working as well as champion customer service and implementation of quality service delivery standards.
- Any other tasks may be assigned from time to time.
- Location: You'll start and work from a Wave launch country and will be expected to move every 2 to 3 months between countries.
- Frequent travel with breaks in-between to rest and recuperate.
- This is a permanent position.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews once a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space.
- Fluent in English and French.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience specifically managing an agent network, including a minimum of 3 years of experience managing field-based teams.
- Willingness to relocate to other countries for 2 to 3 month periods as required.
You might be a good fit if you
- Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Enjoy owning projects - you're autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Have built and led strong teams in achieving key results.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Think about culture and process from the users' perspective.
- Are tech-savvy: comfortable navigating Excel and on-boarding to new tools.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.