We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The integration team mission is to integrate all the Bill pay our users want as soon as possible in the apps (Customer, agent, business) and maintain them. In detail, we should keep payments as reliable/available as possible, make sure that our business accounts are funded, build a good relationship with our partners.
We’re looking for someone based in Togo who is resourceful, determined, tenacious, diligent, excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for handling our operations.
Day to day role would include
- Assisting support team for bill pays and other integration products
- Treating claims from support
- Working on flexible hours, on weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required
- Working closely with BizDev and engineers
- Debugging, interpreting and analyzing Errors
- Escalating to engineers / Partners
- Contacting partners when we’re facing downtime
- Processing Telco invoices
- Writing daily notes about activities
- Owning action plan
- Doing forecast for our partners
- Following forecast with liquidity and finance team
- Doing collect to make sure are partners are paid weekly or monthly
- Managing a team of integration support representatives
- Inspiring and empowering all team mates under your responsibility
- Helping teammates / reports to perform to the best of their abilities and achieve ambitious goals
- Location: You'll work from our office in Togo and may travel to field locations.
- Work authorization in Togo.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluency in English and a local language
- At least two year's experience in a comparable position (Customer Service, Back Office)
- At least two year’s experience as a group / team lead in a Customer Service / Back Office
- A bachelor degree in IT or a related discipline
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to prioritize
You might be a good fit if you
- Have Competence in SQL
- Love solving problems for our awesome customers
- Worked in a Bank / Financial institute / Telcos
- Have developed payments/ reimbursement processes with minimal guidance and have implemented them
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.