We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Training Administrator who pays strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and work under pressure. As an Agent Training Administrator, your goal will be to ensure that most agents participate in our training and that the training sessions run smoothly as we rapidly scale our business in Mali. As an agent training administrator, you should be a reliable problem-solver and with strong project management skills. You'll be responsible for communicating with agents, vendors, assisting the trainers with the reservation of training rooms, dispatching training goodies, calling the agents, and organizing training agendas, file.
In this role, you'll:
- Call and invite agents to in-region training organized by the trainers.
- Maintain training records (e.g. trainee lists, schedules, attendance sheets).
- Book training rooms and ensure they’re properly set up.
- Prepare and disseminate material (e.g. instructional notes, feedback forms)
- Act as a point-of-contact for vendors and participants.
- Handle and respond to daily agent training requests.
- Organize daily agents’ training based on request and observation.
- Develop creative and innovative approaches to present training programs to agents.
- Handle accounts receivable and ensure invoices are paid.
- Submit reports on training activities and results daily and weekly.
- Write daily weekly notes.
- Location: You'll work from our office in Mali and may travel to field locations.
- Work authorization in Mali is required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- BSc/BA in Business, Psychology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Training Administrator, HR Assistant, or a similar role.
- Experience in project management.
- Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge of databases and Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a plus
- Great Excel working knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking ability
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience with Agent Network is a huge plus.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are patient and empathetic
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Are excited to conduct online training and assessments
- Enjoy organizing large events - you'll be the point of contact to both suppliers and the team.
- Are able to adapt quickly to different environments
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Are rigorous, autonomous, methodical, and with an eye for detail.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.