We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We are looking for a Sales Trainer to develop and deliver training courses for our Distribution team.
As a Sales Trainer, you are responsible to collaborate with the Distribution team and identify issues the distributors are facing on the field. You will also be responsible for maximizing their effectiveness through these training programs. Your role includes creating the learning material, delivering the training sessions physically or online, monitoring performance after each session, and making recommendations for improvements.
If your skills and work experience match the criteria for this role, we would like to meet you.
In this role, you'll be:
- Analyzing day-to-day needs for training in the distribution team.
- Creating training curricula and estimate budgets.
- Developing material required for training for example outline, handouts, etc.
- Conducting training sessions for new and current distributors, their leads, and the whole team if need be.
- Developing new approaches and techniques for making improvements in training programs.
- Collecting feedback from trainers and trainees and identify the issues they had during the process.
- Generating results and measure the performance of trainees after the session.
- Hiring new distribution force.
- Maintaining and updating records of training material.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest market trends.
- Location: Burkina Faso
- You must have work authorization in Burkina Faso
- This is a permanent position.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field.
- Proven at least 5 years of experience as a Sales Training Specialist, Corporate Sales Trainer, or a similar role.
- Professional certifications in sales training for example Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP), Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP) will be preferred.
Preferable aptitudes and qualities
- High sales acumen
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get things done
- Can function autonomously with minimal guidance
- Excellent time management
- Possess strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Must have experience in designing, developing and delivering training material
- Able to carry out Training Needs Analysis
- Able to communicate ideas and instructions to the staff at all levels in a clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills – experience working with a multi-cultural organization
- Advanced or proficient level of Microsoft Office skills, PowerPoint and Excel in particular
- Demonstrated an ability to learn fast on a job
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.