We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an agent training quality support assistant who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for providing on phone training to our agents whenever a training need is reported via the different channels.
In this role, you'll:
- Handle and respond to daily agent training requests.
- Organize daily agents’ training based on request and observation.
- Ensure that training material and information are updated and available at all times for agents.
- Adhere to company procedures and regulations.
- Conduct training assessments & Surveys.
- Develop creative and innovative approaches to present training programs to agents.
- Write daily/Weekly notes.
- Train assigned agents on phone.
- Track agent training & feedbacks
- Daily Report on training activities
- Do some data entry
- Ensure Agents in your zone are fully trained with up to date content
- Call Agents after training sessions to assess if those sessions were useful to the agents.
- Check with agents if the training material was easy to understand.
- The location is in Ouagadougou, with frequent field travel.
- Work authorization in Burkina Faso is required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Fluent in English and Moore or Dioula
- A bachelors degree in business administration, HR, or a related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience as a field trainer.
- Customer Support experience will be an added advantage
- Proficiency with computer & android phones.
You might be a good fit if you
- You have the ability to discern priority tasks.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Is client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have teamwork spirit
- Are available every day of the week, including weekends if necessary
- You have significant experience training large teams
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.