We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a Junior Reconciliation Officer who is resourceful and excited about getting things done.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for doing bank reconciliations to make sure our bank balances match our booking or internal balances
- Going through each transaction individually, making sure the amounts match exactly and noting any differences to investigate
- Exporting daily statements from bank portals to record it internally.
- Daily reconciliation of bank transactions.
- Daily reconciliation of the cash and credit card banking.
- Reconciling the bank balances with corresponding bank agent IDs.
- Record daily and monthly bank fees.
- Investigate and identify the source of any discrepancy or balance difference.
- Assisting the Liquidity Manager in implementing projects related to liquidity.
- Tracking the balance of E-float creation and hexing billing.
- Creating a daily reconciliation report.
- Location is primarily Dakar with no travel
- Work authorization in Senegal required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Strong proficiency in English and French
- Primary degree in banking, finance, accounting or similar field
- At least 1 year's experience in a comparable position
You might be a good fit if you
- You have knowledge of and experience in basic book keeping or accounting skills.
- Are comfortable with technology, including using google sheets, excel etc...
- Good with maths and numbers
- You're highly detail oriented
- You're self-motivated, enthusiastic and team oriented
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.