We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a customer service lead who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for leading our customer service team as we rapidly scale our business in Benin.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage the support reps in your group, to achieve their objectives.
- Make outgoing calls to customers
- Answer incoming calls from customers
- Report bugs detected
- Take daily notes about support activities.
- Help in the schedule making
- Assign tasks to support reps for incoming calls and outgoing calls or surveys.
- Have 1on1s every two weeks with the reps assigned to them.
- Report relevant things to the support team lead for the good functioning of the service.
- Assessing and communicating Human Resources and material needs to achieve all support related activities
- Participating and leading interview process for new hires
- Reviewing the schedule to see if all his reports are present or have been connected on time.
- Reviewing the OKRs of the previous day for his reports or live.
- Listening to support reps and assessing them on quality.
- Do debriefing if necessary for his report
- Make sure they are up to date regarding new product changes or any new information they should be aware of.
- Attend important meetings that are happening
- Help on hiring or training if needed
- Leading by Wave’s values
- Location: Primarily based in Cotonou with possible relocation to other offices in Benin
- Work authorization in Benin required
- This is a permanent position
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- At least 10 months of experience working at Wave as a Customer Support Representative or in other contact centers.
- At least one year's experience in a comparable position (Call center, Customer Service )
- Fluency in French and Fon (other languages or local languages may be an asset)
- Primary degree education
- Being able to work at flexible schedules
- Fluency in English as well as Experience in a Customer Service (Mobile wallet or Customer Service Company) as an added value
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have teamwork spirit
- Are available every day of the week, including weekends if necessary
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.