We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The Office Manager will be responsible for the efficient functioning of our Bamako office through a range of administrative, financial, and managerial tasks. Coordinate and oversee administrative duties in an office, and ensure that the office operates efficiently and smoothly on a day-to-day basis. Your responsibilities generally include managing office supplies, overseeing and managing other administrative staff, owning budgets, and supporting the team with administrative tasks.
In this role, you'll:
- Supervise and monitor the work of administrative staff. As their manager, you will supervise, mentor, train, and coach our office staff and delegate assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Oversee general office operation and facilities management
- Implement and maintain procedures/office administrative systems
- Coordinate domestic and international travel. You will manage the flights, hotels, and car rental reservations.
- Coordinate company events or conferences, which will include
- Manage office budget
- Ensure that health and safety policies are up to date
- Handle all correspondences, complaints, and queries about the office and office facilities.
- Manage office logistics: You will be responsible for purchasing office supplies and equipment like stationery and furniture maintaining proper stock levels at all times
- Handle reports and contracts for different activities and vendors, creating presentations and other management-level reports.
- Location: You'll work from our office in Bamako.
- Work authorization in Mali.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized child care when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative / office management role
- Bachelor's degree or professional training in business administration or a related field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Computer proficiency
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize.
You might be a good fit if you.
- Have managed successful teams to achieve ambitious goals
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you d
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.