We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
The Distributor Supervisor will ensure the supervision and optimal functioning of a team of distributors working in specific zones by ensuring the achievement of set operational objectives. Distributors' job involves inviting users to use a Wave's account. The Distribution Supervisor will help us reach our objective of creating tremendous monthly active users by successfully managing distributors.
In this role, you'll:
- Manage a team of 10-30 distributors
- Scout zones where distribution should happen
- Give guidance on the zone where the distributors should work
- Make sure the distributors have all the necessary supplies and work materials daily
- Check distributors' attendance and report on absenteeism.
- Encourage and motivate distributors to perform to their fullest potential
- Report daily on distribution, needs, and feedback from the field
- Help for the training and smooth onboarding of new distributors and enforce a good work environment and team-building.
- Monitor progress related to merchant distribution activities on the field
- Fluency in local languages is required.
- Reside in the region or locality where distribution will be done. These regions include Serekunda, Brikama, Gunjur, Farafenni, Mansa Kouko, George Town, Basse Santa Su.
- Work authorization in The Gambia is required
- Permanent contract.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Strong oral and written skills
- Previous experience conducting field-related user growth activities
- Proficiency with computer & android phones
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience specifically managing sales teams or user acquisition teams based in the field relational and sales skills
- Previous experience managing large teams (+30 people)
- Work authorization in The Gambia
You might be a good fit if you
- High sales acumen
- Are excited about working in the field, as this is a field-only role
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, able to independently follow through on tasks, and able to manage priorities effectively
- Enjoy teamwork, but also know how to work well independently
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.