We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We're looking for a Master Agent Regional Lead with substantial experience in the business development and field. You'll be responsible for leading the master agents team on daily management and roll out to help rapidly scale our business in Mali.
In this role, you'll:
- Create and manage a roll-out plan for our corporate partners
- Lead the master agent team to grow a sustainable master agent network
- Lead and deliver on all the projects related to master agents
- Work with team to ensure master agents have 100% of all the supplies required.
- Be the primary contact person for all master agent issues.
- Ensure that the master agents network provides high-quality service
- Overseeing the development of master agents and ensuring high-quality master agents
- Writing reports
- Providing management with feedback
- Manage a stable of existing corporate partnerships, focusing on strategy and stewardship of partners to more robust contribution to the growth of Wave ops
- Location: You'll work from our office in Bamako and may travel to field locations
- Work authorization in Mali
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 4+ years of experience in field sales and project management
- 2+ years of experience in agent network management
- 2+ years of experience managing a large scale and large scope field team
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or any related field
- Fluent in French, English, and Bambara
- Proficient in MS office especially excel
- Experience with data analysis will be an added advantage.
You might be a good fit if you.
- Demonstrate high levels of ownership of your's and your team's work
- Are proficient at excel to generate high-level reports
- Are analytical and can make data-based decisions
- Have developed useful systems to complete your work
- You always seek to improve yourself through honest self-reflection.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.