We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d'Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that's where you come in....
How you'll help us achieve it
We're looking for a Field Auditor who's resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll be responsible for assessing our agent network on an ongoing basis and identifying weaknesses to provide us with relevant data likely to help improve our service quality and our agent network reliability.
In this role, you'll:
- Travel and regularly visit assigned wave agents.
- Conduct cash audits and report on shortcomings
- Audit agents regularly to ensure that they are complying with their code of conduct.
- Inspect agencies' environments to detect possible concerns and areas for improvement.
- Check on the completeness of agents' compliance documentation.
- Write brief reports detailing the experience after each wave agent visit.
- Investigate field team's adherence to process and policies through field visits
- Disclose competing interests, including dislike of particular wave points.
- Other internal audit administration tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- Location: Within Mali, the region varies
- Work authorization in Mali required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment.
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 2+ years of experience in field audits
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in Bambara and French
- 6+ months of experience in field sales, communication, or distribution
- Experience in data gathering, reporting, and analytics to draw insightful conclusions is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and in-person
- A driver's License
You might be a good fit if you.
- Are detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Communicate frequently to the point of over-communication
- Adjust quickly to changing conditions and any environment.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Are self-motivating with a focus on self-improvement
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.